HR Administrator / Permanent / £18,035 - £19,045 FTE
27.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
We are looking to bring additional support to our busy HR team. This role will act as first port of call, responding to a broad range of employment related enquires from across our 36 schools.
You will need to have administrative experience preferably from a HR background and be a confident and clear communicator. This is a diverse role where you will handle various queries which will require communication to our payroll provider and reference to our internal policies and procedures. You will have excellent organisational and time management skills, with a high level of attention to detail. You must be confidential, reliable and able to think intuitively to source sound advice and guidance.
A full job description is available, but our key requirements are for the HR Administrator to:
- Facilitate administrative tasks relating to recruitment and selection which will include drafting and placing adverts, communicating with candidates, shortlisting preparation and pre-employment checks.
- Prepare job offer letters, changes to contract letters, providing administrative support for casework, tracking in-service events (probation, parental leave etc) and the leavers process.
- Maintain staff records, general filing and obtain reports from the HR database as requested.
- Support with day to day HR enquiries and handle all incoming email, post and other paperwork.
- Liaising with the Payroll provider regarding payroll and benefit matters, including ensuring they have accurate and timely monthly staff salary information to run accurate payrolls
- Submit accurate monthly timesheets and expenses claims to the payroll provider
- Distribute payroll documents such as P45 forms
- Effectively communicate with the payroll provider ensuring accurate salary information
- Provide administrative support to the HR Manager including project work, drafting letters and arranging meetings
- Relevant HR qualifications desirable e.g. CIPD Certificate in Human Resource Practice
- Educated to A level/NVQ 3
Knowledge and experience:
- Have experience of providing high level administrative support, be organised and have experience of using IT systems, HR MIS
- Excellent communicator
- Previous experience in an education environment is preferable but not essential.
- Be able to contribute and work within a team environment with a flexible approach to meet the demands of the HR service and the ability to manage a number of tasks concurrently.
- Experience of working within a HR environment, dealing with casework
- An honest and open approach with high levels of integrity.
- Assertive with the ability to influence others.
- Inclusive approach, developing and encouraging team work in schools, staff and professional advisors.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role please contact HR on 01752 686710 (Option 2). An application form can be downloaded at the bottom of this page or by emailing Careers@plymouthcast.org.uk
Please send your completed application form, recruitment monitoring form and rehabilitation of offenders disclosure form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Human Resources Department, The Edmund Rice Building, St Boniface College, 21 Boniface Lane, Manadon Park, Plymouth, Devon, PL5 3AG
Closing date for this position: 3rd April 2020
Interview date: 21st April 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.